An Erotic Poem: From Wild to Rose An Erotic Poem: From Wild to Rose | Shades of Crimson

An Erotic Poem: From Wild to Rose

by Davina on February 17, 2011

This editor is taking a recess

I felt like writing a poem, so I did. I hope you enjoy. Let the punctuation, adjectives and adverbs fall where they may. This muse is at play.

Spring is in the air, so sit back and enjoy its promise.

From Wild to Rose

Meadow luster glistening,

upon a wild rose.

Smoldering reflections

of her nakedness exposed.

Lustiness of lavender,

excites a luscious smile.

Two sultry lips then parted,

boast a shy, capricious style.

A teasing whisper lingers

cross a rosey, naked breast;

a pulsing, silken silhouette,

ravished, yet caressed.

Photo Credit: Dsottavio

Hilary February 18, 2011 at 12:12 am

Hi Davina .. Beautiful poem, so rich in all things .. Spring and sunshine .. the rose and its colour – the words ring true .. glorious .. good to read
Hilary´s last blog post ..Spring – the season of new growth- abundant change

Hilary February 18, 2011 at 12:13 am

Hi D .. you know what I meant to say .. I can’t find the ipad Apps thing – the link from this end didn’t work .. but!!!

how wonderful a free ipad .. would love one!!Enjoy the experience .. happy weekend .. reading, investigating, searching the nooks and crannies of the expanding ipad!!
Hilary´s last blog post ..Spring – the season of new growth- abundant change

Davina February 18, 2011 at 1:19 am

Thank you! I wrote the first verse of this poem months ago. Last night I wrote the next verse and this afternoon I finished it. Tis the season for flowers, right? :-) I’m thinking your wonderful blog post now. You understand that the iPad Apps message was a spam comment, right? I deleted them off of each of my Facebook friend’s walls. They appeared from out of the blue, filled my wall with posts. It was nuts!

Hilary February 18, 2011 at 1:55 am

Hiya .. Nope!!! Thank goodness it didn’t work!! THANKYOU!!

Me – just don’t understand these little things!!

Thanks re the blogpost .. yes flowers & that rose picture .. looks like beautiful scented ones, rich, rich sensual scents I used to pick for Mum from my uncle’s garden ..

Tis’ the season for bulbs, blossom and bursts of summer flowers .. wonderful delights to come .. can wait .. and enjoy the process!! Cheers Hilary
Hilary´s last blog post ..Spring – the season of new growth- abundant change

Betsy Wuebker February 18, 2011 at 6:40 am

Beautiful, Davina. Just lovely.
Betsy Wuebker´s last blog post ..Dennis Wuebker- RIP

Davina February 18, 2011 at 11:05 am

You’re welcome, Hilary.
I’m glad it didn’t work too! I suppose a lot of folk fall for this, but no harm done. It was just spam, but quite nuisance. We’ll just focus on those wonder bursts of summer flowers to come instead.

Thanks, Betsy.
I just love these words and how they play together. So sensual and… it’s like they’re dancing. And, it’s almost like a lullaby…

Cindy Schuerr February 18, 2011 at 11:08 am

Wow! That was a very luscious poem. Beautiful, indeed!
You need to get hacked more often, Davina! What an inspiration. LOL!
Seriously, the poem is gorgeous and so perfect for the pre-onset ( Is that a word? ) of Spring.
Enjoy your day!
Cindy
Cindy Schuerr´s last blog post ..My review of Donna Caricks The First Excellence

Neva Flores February 18, 2011 at 11:30 am

This is truly divine, my last comment left a link that I did not want on here. I apologize.
Neva Flores´s last blog post ..Features of A Souls Desire – Feb 18- 2011

Vered February 18, 2011 at 11:53 am

Beautiful! “Flirty” is the word that comes to mind.

patricia February 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I just floated away on the images of this poem…I thought of walking through the pastures and the wild rose bushes blooming forth. It felt warm and deeply rooted.

Nice word movement and play

Thank you for sharing.
patricia´s last blog post ..The Work of Everyday

Sara February 18, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I’m really pleased that you decided to take a break. We all benefited via this sensual celebration of flowers in bloom:~) Just delightful!
Sara´s last blog post ..Celebrate Anniversary!

Rose February 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Very sensual. You brought the rose to life. Beautifully written.
Rose´s last blog post ..CSN Stores- Upcoming Review

J DesRochers February 18, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Over the past couple of days I have had the opportunity to analyze poetry from various eras. Looking at each as a different critic (Deconstructionist, Feminist, ect.), as part of a class exercise. Reading this poem gave me so much excitement. I love how you say “let the punctuation, adjectives and adverbs fall where they may. This muse is at play.” Your writing has so much freedom, and you create such a strong illusion through your words. You leave your poem open for interpretation which too is great. I love this and I am excited to have come across your blog. You have become great inspiration to me. Thank you. I will definitely be back to read more.
J DesRochers´s last blog post ..“My Hearts a Drum”

Davina February 19, 2011 at 12:59 pm

LOL, Cindy. Thanks!
Getting hacked inspired me to finish writing this :) I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Pre-onset is not a word that I’m aware of… you could just say onset.

Thanks Neva.
That’s a huge compliment coming from you. :) You write beautiful poetry. Your other comment is in moderation, though I suspect it was from an older blog of yours and that’s why you didn’t want to publish it. I will move it to the trash folder. Thanks for letting me know.

Vered,
Flirty is a great word for this! It almost made it *into* the poem. :)

I like the image of you floating away on the images of this poem, lol. That is kind of what happens when all the flowers start to bloom and the air is filled with their magical scents. I’m glad you enjoyed this — thanks :)

Sara,
“Sensual celebration of flowers in bloom” — that is a beautiful way to put it. Love it! Thanks.

Rose,
Thank you :) Sensual was another word that wanted to play in this poem.

Jake,
Welcome! And, thanks for such a heartfelt comment. I’m thrilled that this poem has had such an effect on you. :) When a writer receives this kind of response it’s like a beautiful echo returning, so thank you for that. I love words and creating pictures with them, so your note about creating a strong illusion with the words makes me smile… and feel proud. I’m getting it! And you’re getting it! Thanks for the feedback. I’m looking forward to popping over to your blog to acquaint myself with your writing. Cheers!

Chris Edgar February 19, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Hi Davina — that rose does have a sultry little smile, doesn’t it? And it’s certainly glistening and naked as the day God made it. And you certainly caressed it with your camera angle and aesthetic sensibilities. Or am I taking this too literally?

J DesRochers February 20, 2011 at 5:55 pm

The heartfelt comment was definitely well deserved, and you should feel proud- it’s an amazing poem! I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Keep up the great work!
J DesRochers´s last blog post ..What Plagued Humanity

Delena Silverfox@Coupon Codes February 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Brava! This was absolutely beautiful, and I found myself smiling at certain points just because the words were so lovely on the tongue: “boast a shy, capricious style.”

Love it!

Delena
Delena Silverfox@Coupon Codes´s last blog post ..Eleven2 Promotional Code

Davina February 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm

LOL, Chris…
“glistening and naked as the day God made it” :-) Very true. You Do have a way with words. How’s about you writing an erotic poem? I think you would be great at it.

Thanks for your encouragement J :-) I do love this poem! It’s a pleasure when they come together like this… it’s beyond what I’d even begun to envision when I first started writing it. This is what I LOVE about writing… it’s a process and a partnership between the author and the words.

Thanks Delena.
I love imagining you smiling as these words tickled your tastebuds :)

Jannie Funster February 22, 2011 at 10:27 am

I saw a beautiful bunch of daffodils today! Spring is here.

Awesome poem! Roses, rain, rosey skin and silken silhouettes are always part of a great day!

Hoping dear Davina is well and happy today.

Jannie Funster´s last blog post ..The Red Crazy Straw

Davina February 22, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Hi there Jannie! :)

Spring… yippee! Nice to see you. I’m glad you enjoyed the poem. Maybe you might have a melody to add on your guitar. *That* would be COOL. Hope you have a fantastic day.

Barbara Swafford March 2, 2011 at 12:07 am

This is beautiful. To think, you’re an editor, proofreader, writer AND a poet! You and words, a perfect combination. :)
Barbara Swafford´s last blog post ..Panhandling In Blogosphere

Davina March 4, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Thanks, Barbara. :)
I love playing with words and their rhythm so much! It’s like a game.

~ Bern ~ March 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Its as if this rose touched upon your purple heart,
Where no wounds above the earth can be found to fracture.
~ Bern ~´s last blog post ..It is Your True Nature

Davina March 21, 2011 at 8:11 am

Bernie, you sure do have a way with words!

Oh wow… “There is then only the rapture of being naked to the spirit that waters and nourishes the soul.” How incredibly beautiful. :-)

Becadroit March 22, 2011 at 3:05 am

Wow. Just came over to visit and saw the poem. It reminds me of some of the love poetry of John Donne or Andrew Marvel, a similar kind of rhythm (and theme of course). Magic.
Becadroit´s last blog post ..Some thoughts about Fairy Tales Intro

Davina March 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Hi Rebecca! :)
I’m glad you enjoyed this poem. It took about 3 months to write, lol. I’ll check out John Donne and Andrew Marvel to see what you’re referring to. I’m honoured to be compared published poets… metaphysical poets even! I just did a quick Google for their names. Thanks.

Rose March 24, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Well sensual does play well here.

Davina March 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm