The Quote Effect: Naughty, Nice & Niche Bloggers The Quote Effect: Naughty, Nice & Niche Bloggers | Shades of Crimson

The Quote Effect: Naughty, Nice & Niche Bloggers

by Davina on January 3, 2009

2253352662_0abe8b6da2_mThis is not the typical ebook.

The Quote Effect was launched in December of 2008.

This is an invitation to bloggers to submit up to 3 of their favourite original quotes from their blogs, or write new ones. Read more here.

Photographers and artists are encouraged to submit some of their original work. I’d like to hear your suggestions for a cover design too.

I will compile submissions into an ebook. The deadline for submissions is January 31.

There will be no affiliate links in this first edition. This is strictly for bloggers to promote their blogs and share their unique personalities through their writing and creative expression.

We want the hilarious, the sarcastic, the thinkers, the doers, the writers, the serious, the health nuts.

If you have already left a comment with me to say “count me in” I will be emailing you a submission form to make this easy for you.

If this is the first you’ve heard of this project, please contact me to let me know of your interest and I will email you the submission form. Choose The Quote Effect as the subject.

Quotes have impact.

They widen our perspective and tickle our creative awareness. They quiet our mind and invite us to read more.

Bloggers use quotes to illustrate a point and catch the reader’s attention. They make us laugh, roll our eyes – our thoughts drift away or come awake.

They add that personal, authentic touch, and whether you blog for a hobby or for business, authenticity speaks volumes. It attracts attention.

When are you being authentic? What might be hidden in your archives or on your welcome page? What about the comment section in your blog or comments you’ve left on other blogs. Fellow bloggers are sharing a wealth of gold in these sections of their blogs too.

Let them know they’ve inspired you and invite them to share some of their quotes in this collection. Tell them all about it.

Submissions are starting to arrive already and I will be featuring a new one each week during the month of January.

I have received this first one from Miguel de Luis at Wisdom & Life.

“Generosity is of the brave.”

Thanks Miguel!

Unless otherwise noted, all images are used with permission from Dreamstime.com. Illegal use and download is not allowed.

Dave Fowler January 3, 2009 at 11:56 pm

What a splendid idea!! I love this.
It is indeed the first I’ve heard about it becasue I’ve been out of circulation for a while and I’m only just getting back into the swing of things.
Happy New Year to you Davina. I love your new place.
Dave

Tom Volkar - Delightful Work January 4, 2009 at 8:43 am

“When are you being authentic?” Since you’ve asked it this way; I’ll play.

I’m looking forward to connecting my wisdom with the authentic wisdom of others. This sounds like a beautiful project that I’ll gladly support.

Tom Volkar – Delightful Work’s last blog post..Parlay Your Wisdom

Jannie January 4, 2009 at 11:35 am

Got the e-mail on this, thanks!

Jannie’s last blog post..And now that meme!

Miguel de Luis January 4, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Thanks to you Davinia; for some strange reason my face displays some “shades of crimson” too :)

By the way that quote is the title of one blog post on poverty, where I try to say that being charitable can hurt but life and love is about taking risks.

Miguel de Luis’s last blog post..Achieving your dreams 3 of 3

Robin January 4, 2009 at 8:53 pm

“This really is a great idea, Davina.”

That’s it – that’s my quote.

Just kidding.

I’m rackin’ my brains – but I have a few weeks to get there! c u – R

Robin’s last blog post..What If? The Movie – Clip 4

Henie January 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Fabulous idea indeed! Looking forward to the enjoyment of it all!

Henie’s last blog post..Heart Start

Davina January 4, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Hi Dave.
Welcome to my new home. I’m glad you’re getting back into the swing of things. Happy New Year.

Hi Tom.
Thank you for your support! I’m happy to have your authentic self aboard :-)

You’re welcome.

Hi Miguel.
So, your cheeks developed a healthy glow eh? Thanks for sharing that link to the post responsible for your quote submission — good idea.

Robin.
LOL. Yes, take your time on this. Let the wisdom flow…

Henie.
Welcome and thanks for your comment. Glad to have you join the team. I’m happy for the support on this.

patricia January 5, 2009 at 11:52 am

Got the email and form, I am just very happy that I have until the 31st to comply! as the last of the kiddos are leaving today – and we had more snow last night! and I really need a day off…play day!

I will get here and return the form, but slowly

patricia’s last blog post..Book Review: Transitions ~William Bridges

SpaceAgeSage -- Lori January 5, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Great idea! I just sent three to you via the contact link in the original post. I look forward to all the creativity! Thanks.

SpaceAgeSage — Lori’s last blog post..Seven things I learned about blogging

Writer Dad January 5, 2009 at 9:49 pm

This sounds like a grand idea, Davina. I’d love to take part.

Writer Dad’s last blog post..Blogopolis Broadcast

Chris | Martial Development January 6, 2009 at 12:07 am

Sounds like fun! Please send me the form.

Chris | Martial Development’s last blog post..How to Learn Zhan Zhuang From a Book

Davina January 6, 2009 at 1:38 am

Well, you enjoy that play day. That’s when your quotes will find you.

I love your quotes. Thanks.

Hi Sean.
Great, you’re in. Thanks for the support. And welcome to my blog BTW :-)

Welcome, and I’m happy that you’re interested in this project. Looking forward to receiving your quotes.

Stacey / Create a Balance January 6, 2009 at 12:24 pm

“widen our perspective and tickle our creative awareness” – This is perfectly stated. Quotes can help us find new options and open us up to new possibilities. I’m looking forward to using quotes from this project on my blog.

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..How to Eat Just One Chocolate Chip Cookie

Kathy @ Virtual Impax January 6, 2009 at 1:53 pm

A truly INSPIRED project! I’m still trying to catch myself saying or writing something rated PG or better – but I may be stuck with such grit as “You can’t make money sitting on your ass,” as my contribution.

Kathy @ Virtual Impax’s last blog post..Twitter Bug on the Loose

Liara Covert January 6, 2009 at 3:19 pm

This is a truly uplifting initiative. One challenge is to choose amongst a variety of meaningful messages. I’ll ponder and get back to you soon.

Liara Covert’s last blog post..When did you last redefine "normal?"

Maya January 6, 2009 at 10:18 pm

This is an awesome project. I am in!
Happy 2009 to you !

Maya’s last blog post..The Happiness Quilt: Part 2

Davina January 7, 2009 at 12:28 am

Hi Stacey.
Me too! It will be a whole new experience to use more quotes from people we actually know. Not that I don’t appreciate all the other quotes I read.

Hi Kathy.
That’s a good quote! Of course, if you’re a blogger, you CAN make money sitting on your ass :-) But theoretically speaking, I know what you mean. I’ll sneak in a few minutes tomorrow and snoop around your blog to see what good stuff is there hiding from you.

Hi Liara.
With almost 30 people signed up so far, the momentum is building. I look forward to reading your quotes. This is fun!

Hi Maya.
Excellent! Happy New Year to you too.

sharon January 7, 2009 at 9:08 am

You are one creative chick! It’s a great idea, and am in. I think the final product will be fun.

sharon’s last blog post..Pray Without Ceasing

Davina January 7, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Hi Sharon.
Thanks. Yes, you are in. You’re one enthusiastic chick! :-)

Kelly@SHE-POWER January 7, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I love quotes, so I’m in. I just hope I have some decent material to choose from, otherwise I’m going to have to become very wise or very funny in the next 3 weeks.

Kelly

Davina January 8, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Hi Kelly.
Good, one more! Decent material? I know it’s there :-)

Very Evolved January 10, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Great idea. So much fresher than re-posting classic celebrity/literary quotes.

Definitely entering.

Patrick
veryevolved.com

Very Evolved’s last blog post..How to generate an emotional response from your audience

Davina January 11, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Hi Patrick.
Thank you. I have received your submission. I appreciate your support, and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.

Bamboo Forest - PunIntended January 14, 2009 at 6:29 am

This is a really great idea. I agree, quotes really do have the potential for deeply affecting the reader.

And blogs have their fair share of excellent ones, that is for sure.

Bamboo Forest – PunIntended’s last blog post..What’s the Deal with Chain Letters?

Davina January 14, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Hi Bamboo Forest.
It seems to be catching on too… now 35 people have signed up. Are you interested? We’re pretty heavy on the inspirational and philosophical category. How about something different. Funny or sarcastic? Can I persuade you?

Nishi Young January 15, 2009 at 12:57 am

This is a brilliant idea, Davina! Quotes have great impact to the ones reading it. I know that there would be a lot of bloggers who will support this idea of yours Once I’m done with my research papers (hopefully 3 weeks from now), I will be glad to be part of this. Goodluck!

Davina January 15, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Hi Nishi.
Welcome, and thanks for your comment. You’re right, a lot have signed up already. If you do want to contribute some quotes, visit the contact page to let me know, and I will gladly send you a Submission Form. Just so you know — I won’t be accepting submissions in 3 weeks — the deadline is January 31st.

Natural January 28, 2009 at 4:03 pm

i better go comb my posts for quotes then. i was trying to think of something new….i got nothing.

Davina January 28, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Hi Natural.
Want some help? I don’t mind combing your posts and making some suggestions.

{ 5 trackbacks }