Blog + Comment = Win Blog + Comment = Win | Shades of Crimson

Blog + Comment = Win

by Davina on January 11, 2009

One ebook, three winners

On yesterday’s post, This Ebook Asks, “Will It Change You”? I announced that I was giving away two ebooks to anyone who left a comment that day.

And then there were three. Pretty goods odds wouldn’t you say?

Three names went into a hat — well actually, it was a Tupperware container. I shook them up, pulled out two winners and decided after all that to make it three.

And so, the lucky winners are….

Jannie from Jannie Funster — a song writer who welcomes you to her “nicheless niche of a blog” with open arms.

Patricia from Patricia’s Wisdom — who blogs to be of service, because she loves to write and she likes to make connections.

Betsy from Passing Thru — who blogs to share about nature, travel, thoughts and dreams, and who shares her blog with her husband Pete who is a fantastic photographer.

Congratulations! I hope you three gals enjoy this ebook.

Quotes by bloggers

Meanwhile, submissions to The Quote Effect continue to arrive.

If you want to contribute to this ebook, with an original quote from your blog or an original photograph, there is still time.

The deadline for submissions is January 31st. Contact me to receive your Submission Form and choose The Quote Effect in the subject line.

Each week during January, I will feature a new submission and link back to the previous submissions as well.

The second contributor is Lori from SpaceAgeSage where the tagline is, Where Wisdom Fuels Change. Thanks Lori, I love this one.

“Many people can talk the talk. Some people really know how to walk the walk. But it is a rare few who get to dance the dance.”

The first contributor was Miguel de Luis at Wisdom & Life, where the tagline is, Practical Good Sense With Purpose.

“Generosity is of the brave.”

This is the title of a blog post he wrote about the fight against poverty.

So far, there have been over 30 bloggers sign up in the last two weeks. Keep em coming and thanks for all the support so far everyone!

patricia January 11, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Thank you so much for making it possible for there to be 3 winners and I am enjoying my first forays into the book itself…How fun…

Thank you so much and like the quotes too…

patricia’s last blog post..The Interstate is Closed

Davina January 11, 2009 at 7:49 pm

You’re welcome! Glad you are enjoying it so far. I mentioned to someone else that this book appeals to a person’s senses, and the rest carries them along through. It’s effects really do kinda sneak up on you. It’s a reading meditation :-)

Evelyn Lim January 11, 2009 at 8:03 pm

I enjoy both the quotes submitted for the Quote Effect. They are great!! Yes, you are right!! I am excited about your project!! All the best to you!!

Evelyn Lim’s last blog post..Color Our World

Jannie January 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Yay! I’m a total winner. Feels great, thanks Davina! I have started filling out that form I got from you via e-mail and tomorrow will go and hunt to see if I’ve said anything of note to anyone.

Jannie’s last blog post..Notes to self

Barbara Swafford January 12, 2009 at 1:07 am

Hi Davina – Congrats to the winners.

I love your idea of the book of quotes. It’s a fabulous way to showcase the writings of others and also teaches us a little more about our favorite bloggers. I keep thinking of what I want to contribute, but am still drawing a blank. Thanks goodness I still have time.

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..When Non-Blogger Friends Don’t Get It

Betsy Wuebker January 12, 2009 at 6:18 am

Hi Davina – Thank you so much! It was so generous of you to not leave me in the Tupperware all by my lonesome! I am savoring the e-book. It’s really exceptional, and I wouldn’t be having the experience if it weren’t for you. Thank you, thank you. :D

Betsy Wuebker’s last blog post..WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF?

Davina January 12, 2009 at 10:28 am

Hi Evelyn.
Thank you. There have been a lot of good submissions. I feel like a teacher collecting homework or something :-) everyone gets an A+

You’re welcome. Happy searching.

It will be a good keepsake and a reminder of everyone who contributed, even if/when they decide to stop blogging, their quotes can still be shared. You’ve still got lots of time to stumble upon something. Just let it marinate as you blog Barbara. When you’re leaving a comment, or replying to someone you might have a “moment” when one comes to you.

Hi Betsy.
You’re welcome! I’m enjoying you enjoying this :-)

Kathy @ Virtual Impax January 12, 2009 at 11:29 am

I got to the last post late and didn’t leave a comment because all I could come up with was whining about missing the boat. Now I find out that I REALLY missed the boat.

Seriously – what great fun it is here on the Shades of Crimson blog! It’s a happy place like Cheers- where everybody knows your name! Nice work Davina!

Kathy @ Virtual Impax’s last blog post..Do Small Business Social Media Blunders = Small Business Marketing Blunders?

SpaceAgeSage -- Lori January 12, 2009 at 11:48 am

Hi, Davina –
Thanks for highlighting my quote! Your blog and words show that you naturally know how to “dance the dance.”
Also, thanks for creating idea behind “The Quote Effect.” As Barbara says, it will be a great showcase.

SpaceAgeSage — Lori’s last blog post..Are you just a skipping stone?

Ross January 12, 2009 at 11:48 am

Congratulations to the winners!

Hope you enjoy the book, I really enjoyed putting it together.

Davina, I’m loving the nice fresh layout and feel of your blog, too!

Ross’s last blog post..One minute you’re sitting on a park bench…

Natural January 12, 2009 at 2:45 pm

funny how i have nothing to say now. gotta go back through my posts for something i said that’s book worthy.

congrats to the winners!

Natural’s last blog post..The $64,000 Question

Davina January 12, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Hi Kathy.
LOL. I loved that show Cheers, and its trademark song. Cheers! ;-)

Thank you. Your quote is an excellent one. I’m looking forward to launching The Quote Effect.

Hi Ross.
Thanks. I had a good time sourcing images for this blog, but not such a great with the technical aspects.

Hi Natural.
Do you have anything sarcastic, or hilarious up your sleeve? :-) For some reason, those posts you wrote about the dead fish and that time a bird got into your house are imprinted in my memory. I LMAO with those:

Cricket January 12, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Congrats to the winners. I love the quotes by Miguel de Luis and Lori. I still think this is a fantastic idea. I am working on mine.

Cricket’s last blog post..I Am

Robin January 12, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Hi Davina – with 30 entries so far, it sounds like it is going to be a very handy little (big) quote book. Looking forward to it (and still working on mine).

Robin’s last blog post..5-Year Plan For This Blog

Davina January 12, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Hi Tammy.
They’re great aren’t they? There’s more to come too. I’ve got to pick next week’s reveal. Maybe it will be yours :-)

Hi Robin.
It’s up to 33 now. Good thing quotes are short. I’m guessing that if everyone who has signed up so far, submits at least 2 or 3, we’ll have close to 100 quotes in this collection.

Lance January 13, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Great quotes so far!

And congrats to the winners, very nice thing for you to do!

Davina January 14, 2009 at 1:38 am

Hi Lance.
That’s good praise coming from you :-) I’m thinking of your Sunday Thought for the Day feature.

Liara Covert January 14, 2009 at 9:22 am

Contests are an effective way to offer readers incentive to attune differently. Unexpected opportunities for rewards are everywhere. People simply need to choose to send positive energy out or, give something to others in such a way as the energy will reverberrate back. For example, I have a friend in Australia who is an avid radio listener. She had gotten a reputation on a few radio stations because she has a knack for calling in and winning free gifts. Although the stations created limits on how many items could be won in a given month, she never ceases to amaze them at how often she gets them.

Liara Covert’s last blog post..5 ideas to build your self-reliance and redefine dignity

Henie January 14, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hi Davina!

Serves me right for not commenting but a sincere congratulations to all the winners:)

Davina January 14, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Hi Liara.
Some people are just “lucky”, or as you say, they are putting out the energy and open to receive it in return. It’s fun to win things!

A long time ago, I won the record album Breakfast In America by Supertramp. I couldn’t believe my luck. To win a person had to be the 3rd caller. Well, I was calling long distance, and had to dial using a phone with a dial rather than buttons. Each turn of that dial was painfully slow, but I guess that record had my name on it. I was thrilled to say the least.

Hi Henie.
Oh well. Better late than never. I’m sure there will be a next time. This was fun.

Liara Covert January 18, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Just thought I would ask what inspired you to create this kind of ebook. It is a wonderful way to encourage readers to get involved and feel more involved in a collective project. At the same time, it reminds people we are all already connected in other ways we rarely notice and sometimes do not choose to realize.

Liara Covert’s last blog post..10 Reasons to face your fear

Davina January 18, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Hi Liara.
That’s a good question.

So many famous people are quoted. It occurred to me that really, we all have a voice and a message to share that can add value. Bloggers use a lot of quotes in their writing and I see how effective it is from the comments readers leave.

Quotes do have a certain “effect” — hence the name The Quote Effect.

I also thought it would be neat to see each others words being quoted online. I see a lot of quotes — awesome quotes — but quotes by people whose name I have to Google to find out who they are.